Fresh Tomato Cucumber Pasta SaladBy: Sheila Reynolds
This tomato cucumber pasta salad is a great recipe that is simple to make and healthy. Sometimes it is the more simple recipes that make a lasting impression on your dinner guests. This is also a great pasta to be served cold as well as hot.
- 1 lb. pasta
- Assortment of heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup Garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Young basil, stems removed, leaves left intact
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a handful of salt and then the pasta. Cook softened yet still firm, approximately 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and then refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Combine the remaining olive oil and the vinegar in a large, deep bowl, whisking to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta, tomatoes, and cucumbers, tossing to combine.
- Refrigerate for six hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to combine. Top with fresh basil before serving.