Green Beans With Almonds RecipeBy: Sheila Reynolds
This green beans with almonds recipe is a simple and healthy side dish. The olive oil add a wonderful heart healthy Mediterranean flair and depth to this delicious dish. This is a great way to turn boring green beans into something special to impress your guests.
- 1 lb. green beans, ends snapped off, rinsed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add salt and then the green beans. Boil for three to four minutes, or until bright green yet still firm. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic, sautéing until the garlic is translucent. Add the almonds, tossing to coat, and cook for one to two minutes, or until fragrant and light brown.
- Toss the green beans with the olive oil, almonds, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm