Grilled Salmon with Avocado Tomato SalsaBy: Sheila Reynolds
This grilled salmon with avocado tomato salsa is as beautiful as it is delicious. It is also incredibly healthy and based on the key tenants of the Mediterranean Diet. Healthy fats from the fish, olive oil and avocado and healthy vegetables and seasoning. The bright colors from the avocado tomato salsa light up the plate.
- 1 salmon filet, cut into individual portions
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbs. capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs. parsley, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, tomatoes, capers, garlic, lime juice, and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for four hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic. Brush on the salmon fillets and then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish until it flakes easily with a fork, flipping once, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange a bed of salsa on a plate and top with the warm salmon. Garnish with additional parsley and capers if desired.