How To Make Homemade Dill PicklesBy: Sheila Reynolds
There is just something about homemade pickles that make them taste so much better. Here is a simple homemade dill pickle recipe that is very easy to do and taste amazing. You add in some unique ingredients to this base if you are feeling extra creative.
- 6 pickling cucumbers, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. white peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced in half
- Several sprigs of fresh dill
- Combine the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a bowl, whisking until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Place the cucumber spears and dill in a large resealable jar. Add the peppercorns and garlic. Pour the vinegar mixture over it. Refrigerate for 12 hours and then serve. Pickles will last for up to a month in the fridge.