Italian Eggplant Rollups Appetizer RecipeBy: Sheila Reynolds
This Eggplant Rollup recipe is a creative and delicious twist on a traditional Italian cheese, tomato and basil appetizer. Adding in the eggplant adds an beautiful splash of dark purple color to make your dish shine.
- 1 eggplant, cut into strips
- 1 log goat cheese, chilled and cut into cubes
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs. olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper, arrange on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until soft and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the eggplant strips on a large cutting board. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the diced tomatoes and toss to combine. Arrange the tomatoes evenly along the eggplant and top with the goat cheese. Roll and tie with chives. Garnish with basil and serve.