Italian Risotto Tomato TowerBy: Sheila Reynolds
This layered risotto tomato tower recipe is a twist on a classic Italian dish is easier than it looks to make and will be sure hit with your dinner guests. It’s not risotto in the true sense of the word, but uses the same rice you would use for risotto. The beauty is in the layering of the tomato layers that really sets this creative dish a part.
- 2 cups cooked risotto rice, chilled
- Whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- Handful basil, diced
- Additional basil, for garnish
- Olive oil
- Combine the diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Combine the risotto with a splash of milk and season with salt and pepper. Push a small layer of risotto into the bottom of individual springform pans. Top with the tomato mixture, another layer of risotto, and finish with a layer of tomatoes.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours, or overnight. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.