Roasted Eggplant With Pea PureeBy: Sheila Reynolds
This healthy roasted eggplant with pea puree recipe is surprisingly easy to make and will surprise your dinner guests with your creativity. This can make for a great appetizer especially if your dinner theme is Italian.
- 1 eggplant, cut into rounds
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 4 tbs. chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Arrange the eggplant rounds on a baking sheet and season both with salt and pepper. Drizzle liberally with olive oil. Roast until soft and lightly browned, flipping once, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Steam the peas according to package directions. Add to a food processor along with a clove of garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until just combined, adding olive oil to bring the mixture together.
- Remove to a bowl and fold in chives. Place the eggplant on a platter and top with the puree, adding a cherry tomato to each. Serve warm or at room temperature.