Tomato Mushroom Risotto CakeBy: Sheila Reynolds
This tomato mushroom risotto recipe is as beautiful as it is delicious and a creative dish sure to impress your friends with your kitchen creativity. If you can master this recipe you will be the talk of your next dinner party! I love how this meal presents itself.
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 large fresh eggs, beaten
- 12 ounces baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- Fresh tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the chicken stock up to a low simmer in a saucepan. In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil and toast the rice until fragrant. Add ½ cup dry white wine, stirring constantly. Add a ladle-full of simmering chicken stock, stirring the rice until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock, a ladle-full at a time, until the rice is rich and creamy. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the risotto with the eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper. If the mixture is too wet, add a bit of flour until it clumps together easily. Form the risotto into small, circular springform pans. Top with diced mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly and then remove from the pans. Top with fresh tomato and basil before serving.